Evo File Size.!

crashes, error report
bruc3

Evo File Size.!

Post by bruc3 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi all,

I'm working on a project that has 4 stories. With the build complete the total file size came upto some 48 Mb. And it's taking more time for calculation. So i deleted 3 floors from the project, but still the file shows the same size 48 Mb, even without the rest of the floors.

kvkozierowski

Re: Evo File Size.!

Post by kvkozierowski » Mon May 05, 2014 7:20 am

Hi,

The file size may be the result of some models (furnitures, luminaires, ...), textures or other files (DWG, DXF, ...) stored in the project file or calculation results if you save a calculated project. The geometry itself does not need much space.

Best Regards
Kolja

bruc3

Post by bruc3 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:04 am

Hi kvkozierowski,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that, the Furniture's and materials take up the file size. The problem is With the full building complete the File size is say (X). The after deleting 3 floors along with the furniture's, the file size remains the same. Don't you think, after doing that, it should come down.
Also most of the time, the screen says : "Not Responding" . Also the calculation runs forever and finally at some 97 pc. It says " Out of Memory " .
Just wanted to let you know the problems that are being faced.

Thank you again for your reply, it been helpful.

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Thu May 08, 2014 5:27 am

Hi bruc3,

Thank you for the information.

If you delete the complete storey with the furnitures etc. and the same furnitures (3d-files) are not used in the remaining storey any longer, you are right, the file size should be smaller.
The "Out of memory" problem during calculation is another problem. The problem may be a project with too many faces (for example too many/too complex 3d models) and/or luminaires/luminaire groups in the project. You can try to combine the luminaire groups in the light scene tool before calculating to reduce the memory needed. Do you use the x86- or x64-version?

Best Regards
Kolja

bruc3

Post by bruc3 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:56 am

Hi kvkozierowski,

The models used are 3ds converted to m3d; a mere 400Kb at max. But i understood your point.
Also, i'll try to keep in mind the luminaire grouping.

Thanx ; Also we know, you guys are doing everything to get things right. Appreciate your help .

Btw, i use an x64 version of Evo.

In case if need to know.
System Spec are as follows.
Processor :Intel Core i7-3632QM @2.20 GHz
RAM : 8GB
Graphics : Nvidia GeForce GT 740M 2GB