DIALUX evo 7.0 or 7.1 does not open

crashes, error report
gustavokern

DIALUX evo 7.0 or 7.1 does not open

Post by gustavokern » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi! I have noticed a problem with dialux related to Microsoft .NET.
I had Dialux 7.0 installed working perfectly, however, I installed Adobe Photoshop and the problems started. I started receiving the warning messages just like as the others users having this issue.
The only way I found to solve this was to format my notebook.
After this I installed Dialux EVO 7.1 and it was working perfectly again. Then I installed Adobe Reader and all the problems started once again, same errors. Adobe products reinstalls Microsoft .NET and this might be the root of the issues.
I tried fixing the .NET applications using Microsoft fixing tool and unninstalling the Microsoft .NET using the Microsoft clean .NET removal, and then reinstalling DIALUX. Sadly, with no luck.

The error I am receiving is as follows:

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: An exception was thrown by the destination of a call.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
An exception was thrown by the destination of a call.
em System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
em System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
em System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
em Dial.Dialux.Classlib.Tools.ModuleLoader.InvokeRegisteredInitMethods()
em Dial.Dialux.Classlib.Tools.ModuleLoader.InitializeModules(IEnumerable`1 modules, Action preDelayedInitAction)
em Dial.Dialux.Gui.DIALuxModuleLoader.InitializeModules()
em Dial.Dialux.Gui.MainWindow.OnLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
em System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
em System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
em System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
em MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
em System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
em System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
em System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
em System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Inner Exception:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
External component raised an exception.
em CCalcApp.CreateDefaultOptions(unique_ptr<Dial::Utilities::COptions\,std::default_delete<Dial::Utilities::COptions> >* )
em Dial.Dialux.Geometry.GeometryManager.GetDefaultCalculationOptions()
em Dial.Dialux.InteractionResultsHandling.SceneCalculation.CalculationSettings.DelayedInit(ModuleLoaderEventArgs args)

Thanks in advance.

T.Magenheimer

Re: DIALUX evo 7.0 or 7.1 does not open

Post by T.Magenheimer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:12 am

Dear gustavokern,

Thank you very much for these information.

Can you please tell us which version of Adobe Photoshop and the Adobe Reader you have installed on your computer system?
The download link of the Adobe Reader would also be great.

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

gustavokern

Post by gustavokern » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Thanks for the reply!
It was adobe photoshop CC 2015 and the adobe reader was the latest one XI 11.0.10 from https://get.adobe.com/br/reader/otherversions/
I believe that the problem has something to do with the Microsoft .NET or the Microsfot C++ installed over the ones dialux installs.
When I had the problem with DIALUX I already had the adobe reader installed and DIALUX was working properly until I installed photoshop over it.

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:06 am

Dear gustavokern,

Thank you again for the information.

We will try to reproduce the problem in our test center and hopefully will find a quick solution for the problem.

In the meantime you have to work with our DIALux evo version 7.0.

Download link DIALux evo 7.0 setup: https://b2b.dial.de/index.php/s/45uen8nZFenIMIo

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

gustavokern

Post by gustavokern » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:52 pm

Thanks!
But now, I can't open the file I saved using dialux 7.1 in dialux 7.0. Is there a way to bypass this?

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:17 am

Dear gustavokern,

Unfortunately not.

Unfortunately this is actual a problem which a few of our users have. We will try to analyze the problem as fast as we can and if we found the problem it will give a patch version.
It looks good that we will release a new patch very soon.

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:15 am

Dear gustavokern,

Today we have released the first patch of our evo version 7.1.

With this version your problems are solved now.

You can download the setup of the patch using the following link: https://b2b.dial.de/index.php/s/5zdGX44Gyv8Zx7v

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

caiquestevanatto

Post by caiquestevanatto » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:48 pm

I'm trying to install version 7.0 onwards and at the time of installation the message occurs: "Setup Application stopped working".
I tried to run in compatibility mode, tried installing on other machines but to no sucsess. I also have Adobe programs installed.

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:58 am

caiquestevanatto wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:48 pm
I'm trying to install version 7.0 onwards and at the time of installation the message occurs: "Setup Application stopped working".
I tried to run in compatibility mode, tried installing on other machines but to no sucsess. I also have Adobe programs installed.
Hi,

I am a bit confused. We did not hear anything from installations not working correctly with evo 7.0 or 7.1 and you have this behaviour on several machines.?
If you use an antivirus software, please try to disable it before you start the evo installation. It might be that your antivirus program blocks or interferes with the installtion.

Best Regards
Kolja

gustavokern

Post by gustavokern » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:17 pm

After this new patch, everything is working perfectly again. Thank you!