Interior Windows with Daylight

crashes, error report
sjcardoso

Interior Windows with Daylight

Post by sjcardoso » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi,

I put some windows inside a room and i can calculate without any problems. But if i click in option "Relevant for Daylight", when i try do simulate and calculate, the program gives me an error in calculation at beginning.

How can i fix this? If i don't choose the option "Relevant for Daylight", the calculation considers the light that become from outside?

This error doesn´t happen with windows that separate interior and exterior parts.

Thks a lot!

Best regards

kvkozierowski

Re: Interior Windows with Daylight

Post by kvkozierowski » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:17 am

Hi sjcardoso,

I think "Relevant for Daylight" is a bit confusing. It means excactly what you describe: windows that separate interior and exterior parts. "Relevant for Daylight" in evo are just the windows where the daylight enters the building the first time. If you have glass/windows/cut outs inside the building (between rooms/floors,...) the daylight that enters through a "daylight relevant" window will spread through these openings inside the building, you do not need to check the "Daylight relevant" flag.

You can fix this by using the "relevant for daylight" in this way: If it is a window between inside and outside: activate it, for internal windows: do not activate it. This should be the dfault when you place new windows.

The error message (it is not very good and lacks information why this happens) means that evo cannot calculate the current scene correctly. When we calculate "daylight relevant" windows we take the room profile and the outside profile into account and calculate some kind of reduction factor based on the pollution categories of the room/assessment zone inside and outside. If you try to calculate this value for a window between two rooms the information from the outside is missing therefore the factor cannot be calculated.

Best Regards
Kolja

sjcardoso

Re: Interior Windows with Daylight

Post by sjcardoso » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 am

Understood!

Maybe in the future your team can improve this "bug".

Thks a lot one more time for your explanation.

Best regards,

José Cardoso