Error occurred

crashes, error report
KienhuisBM

Error occurred

Post by KienhuisBM » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Hello Dialux,

For a daylight calculation i've set up a model. In this model there are serveral internal rooms (indirect daylight) with windows to rooms with direct daylight. When in the apertures-menu the checkbox "Daylight relevant" is checked, an error occurs. See picture:
Dialux error.jpg
Dialux error.jpg (58.34 KiB) Viewed 516 times
When unchecked there is no problem, the calculation starts immediately.

What to do? I would like to make these windows relevant so i can include these internal rooms in my daylight calculations.

I use Dialux Evo 7.1 (5.7.1.36970)

Gr. Wout

kvkozierowski

Re: Error occurred

Post by kvkozierowski » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:06 am

Hello,

For indirect daylight the "Daylight relevant" checkbox must not be checked. The term "daylight relevant" is a bit confusing. In evo it means the windows where the daylight enters the building for the first time (direct daylight). In the next version we will make the topic a bit easier (you cannot check the "daylight relevant" flag on internal rooms).

In your case the solution is as simple as to uncheck the "daylight relevant" checkbox for the internal rooms, the daylight for the internal rooms will be taken into account.

Best Regards
Kolja

KienhuisBM

Re: Error occurred

Post by KienhuisBM » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:35 pm

kvkozierowski,

Thanks for the reply. I'll leave the checkboxes for the internal windows unchecked. Problem solved