DWG export - groups with duplicated elements/faces

crashes, error report
Dschaga

DWG export - groups with duplicated elements/faces

Post by Dschaga » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:22 am

Hi all,

I'm new here so let me introduce myself . Since ~1995 i'm creating 3D Visualisations with correct lighting in mind for architects but since some years I'm working as an 3d Artist for a lighting manufacture and doing additionally visualisations in 3dsmax for projects but also "serious" ;) light simulations.

For that reason I want to export the geometry from dialux EVO, which is a beautiful 3D modeller btw, to use it in 3dsmax or one of our inhouse tools for simulation. I like the way dialux is offering to export single rooms or the whole floor or even the whole building.
Beside the known fact that the exported DWGs do not have materials, i think there is something wrong with the exported windows and doors.
It seem so, that the Window and Door Blocks are duplicated many times. .. after importing to 3dsmax i can see that a Window has many elements with coplanar faces.
3dsmax.JPG
3dsmax.JPG (38.86 KiB) Viewed 111 times

After opening the DWG in Autocad the windows and doors seems to be groups (and not blocks). After opening one group i can do the same like in 3dsmax but only with half of objects
Acad.JPG
Acad.JPG (65.79 KiB) Viewed 111 times

The reason for this is that Dialux Evo is exporting different layers for the different Geometrytypes (Roomgeometry or doors and windows). It's also exporting the windows and doors as part to the roomgeometry and that's why the groups of windows and doors are duplicated in the DWG.
ACAD_DLX_Layer.jpg
ACAD_DLX_Layer.jpg (84.39 KiB) Viewed 111 times

Well.. a robust 3d output of the Dialux EVO geometry as a FBX, OBJ or 3ds files would be welcome anyway, but if this is out of scope then it would be so nice if the DWG output would be well structured without that duplicated geometry objects and a clean layer structure.
:)

thanks,
chris

Dschaga

Re: DWG export - groups with duplicated elements/faces

Post by Dschaga » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:30 am

no one can help or give advice here?

T.Magenheimer

Re: DWG export - groups with duplicated elements/faces

Post by T.Magenheimer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:33 am

Dear Dschaga,

Unfortunately we have no experience with 3dsmax, but we couldn't reproduce your mentioned problem with AutoCAD or DraftSight.

Did you use our actual DIALux evo version 7.1 (Patch 2) [Version 5.7.1.36970]?

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team