Earlier versions

crashes, error report
SteelyX

Earlier versions

Post by SteelyX » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:45 pm

I keep getting the following unhelpful and very frustrating error when I try to open a new project:

dialux evo has stopped working

I was running Dialux 4 with no problems.

Why can't I download v6.2 Dialux evo??

There is not much helpful in the forum besides editing the registry.... c'mon, who has time for this?
Why is your software not working?

kvkozierowski

Re: Earlier versions

Post by kvkozierowski » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 am

Hi SteelyX,

We do not offer the older evo versions because we are constantly improving the software. When you find a bug in the newest version of our software, please send us a detailed error report. We will do our best to help you with the problem and fix it in the next version. This user feedback is an important step to improve the software.

There are many factors that might cause this problem for instance this: http://evo.support-en.dial.de/support/s ... alog-crash
As you can see this has nothing to do with our software but is caused by another software on your system.

Before releasing a new evo version we test the software with different systems but it is not possible to test each and every system configuration and software installation.

"dialux evo has stopped working" is an error message from the operating system which means that the software has crashed completely. To help you with your problem we need some additional information:
- Which evo version do you use?
- Which operation system and version do you use?
- Which hardware are you using (CPU, RAM, GPU, ...)?
- Did it work before (with the same version or with and older (which?) version)?
- When exactly does the software crash? When you click "Open project..." in evo or when you try to open a project from the start screen?
- Are you able to select a project and the software crashes during loading?
- Is this happening with one project only or with all projects?
- Can you import a DWG file in a new project?
- Can you start a new project and can you save it?

If you still want to downgrade you can find a download link to evo 6.2 here: https://dxboard.dialux.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83860

Best Regards
Kolja

SteelyX

Post by SteelyX » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Thanks for the help. It's been frustrating as it works on my girlfriend's computer but not mine and I'm trying to climb the learning curve as quickly as I can.

Dialux evo v7.1 64 bit
Windows 7 Home Premium
System Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Adapter Type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
evo never worked, Dialux 4 worked perfectly
Crash happens when I open a new project (e.g. new empty rectangular room), after I specify dimensions and click OK,
the layout grid is displayed for a few seconds then crashes without any further input
It crashes with rectangular room, simple indoor planning, outdoor and building planning, and street lighting
importing dialog comes up but I don't have anything to open
I cannot start any new project.
Can you send me a sample project file and I will try to open it.

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:53 am

Hello,

Sorry, my fault I have overseen the "NEW" in "open a new project" :) The empty rectangular room should work in every case.

Your error description sound like a problem with the graphics adapter driver (OpenGL). Please have a look at the laptop manufactureres website and/or the Intel website and search for a GPU/CPU/chipset driver update for your computer.

Best Regards
Kolja

SteelyX

Post by SteelyX » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:30 am

I did update the graphics driver from the Dell website, no change.

Short of buying a new graphics card, am I out of luck?

I'm not well versed in graphics cards, what is GL and could I possibly find a 3rd party driver that would work?

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Perhaps it is something completely different. OpenGL is a API for 3d rendering like Direct3D (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL). I do not think that there are 3rd party drivers that will work, but I am pretty sure the standard Intel driver will work. The GPU should support OpenGL 3.0 which is the minimum evo requires.

I wonder if you would send an email to our support (support@dial.de) with a copy of your support id, a short problem description and a link to this thread.

Best Regards
Kolja

SteelyX

Post by SteelyX » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Thank you I managed to get it working.
The driver update from the Dell site did not fix it.
But on the Intel site, an obscurely documented driver did fix it.
I was worried about driver compatibility but everything seems to be good.

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:39 am

Thanks for your feedback, nice to hear that it is working now. :)