Cannot generate test results.

crashes, error report
CNantze0811

Cannot generate test results.

Post by CNantze0811 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Hello all,
I work for an architecture firm in Georgia, USA. I am currently evaluating several different lighting analysis programs for our use, and I am mostly interested in day-lighting functions. I have been trying to evaluate DIALux over the past few days. I began with a Revit model which I converted to an .ifc and imported. The building I am working on is the wing of an elementary school and it is roughly 200' x 70'. I have set up my calculation objects, and the building location, but every time I try to run an analysis, I get an error message which says "an error occurred while calculating". I've seen where a few people online have a similar problem during analysis when they use up all their RAM, but I get the error nearly immediately and I don't have any RAM problems with any other program am I missing something? Please advise.

T.Magenheimer

Re: Cannot generate test results.

Post by T.Magenheimer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 am

Dear CNantze0811,

Please send us the problematic project file and some explaining screenshots with a link to this thread for an analysis of the problem to the mail address 'Support@dial.de'.

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

CNantze0811

Re: Cannot generate test results.

Post by CNantze0811 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Thank you for the response.

I just wanted to reply and and say that I figured out the problem and have successfully performed an analysis on the file. The problem appeared to be caused by the windows and the wall location in the Revit file which I imported. I had the walls set with a base constraint on my footings which was 2 feet below finish floor. When I imported the file DIALux set made these into two separate stories. Also the windows didn't import correctly and did not let any light through. Created another revit file with the walls based on finish floor level and no windows, I then imported it and added windows in DIALux evo and it worked fine.

Thanks again.