Can't open Dialux Elo 8 after installation

crashes, error report
anaphken

Can't open Dialux Elo 8 after installation

Post by anaphken » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi I just installed Dialux and Dialux Elo and I can't open Elo - I have an error message right at the start of the program:

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at Dial.Dialux.Classlib.Tools.ModuleLoader.InvokeRegisteredInitMethods()
at Dial.Dialux.Classlib.Tools.ModuleLoader.InitializeModules(IEnumerable`1 modules, Action preDelayedInitAction)
at Dial.Dialux.Gui.DIALuxModuleLoader.InitializeModules()
at Dial.Dialux.Gui.MainWindow.OnLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Inner Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at Dial.Dialux.Gui.Controls.Main.ModeControlMapper.GetContentForMode(Type modeType)
at Dial.Dialux.Gui.Controls.Main.ModeSelectionControl.DelayedInit(ModuleLoaderEventArgs args)

Inner Exception:
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
The invocation of the constructor on type 'Dial.Dialux.Gui.Controls.CAD.RenderView' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at Dial.Dialux.Gui.Controls.Modes.CAD.CadModeSubControl..ctor()
at Dial.Dialux.Gui.Controls.Modes.CAD.BaseCadModeControl.CreateCadModeSubControl()
at Dial.Dialux.Classlib.Tools.ModuleLoader.DelayedInit(DelayedInitMethod delayedInitMethod)
at Dial.Dialux.Gui.Controls.Modes.CAD.CadModeControl..ctor()

Inner Exception:
System.AccessViolationException
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Dial.Dialux.Geometry.ScenegraphControl.Create(ScenegraphControl* , Void* , ISettingsProvider* , IPolygonHelper* , IUserAdviceHandler* , IRedrawTrigger* , CRenderListener* )
at Dial.Dialux.Geometry.GeometryManager.InitScenegraphDevice(IntPtr hWnd, ModuleLoaderEventArgs args)
at Dial.Dialux.Gui.Controls.CAD.RenderView.InitSceneGraph(ModuleLoaderEventArgs args)
at Dial.Dialux.Gui.Controls.CAD.RenderView.DelayedInit(ModuleLoaderEventArgs args)
at Dial.Dialux.Classlib.Tools.ModuleLoader.DelayedInit(DelayedInitMethod delayedInitMethod)
at Dial.Dialux.Gui.Controls.CAD.RenderView..ctor()

I haven't install any other program since I installed Dialux Evo.
I did check the authorization in Appdata/local/DIAL GmbH

thanks
Thank you for your hep

Csuleiman

Re: Can't open Dialux Elo 8 after installation

Post by Csuleiman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:08 am

Dear anaphken,

We would like to recommend you to update the graphics adapter driver on the manufacturer's website of your graphics card and not by the help of Windows. It seems to be an Intel driver problem.

Please have a look at the following threads:
http://dxboard.dialux.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=80338
http://dxboard.dialux.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=80337
http://dxboard.dialux.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=78016

Hopefully this will solve your problem.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

anaphken

Post by anaphken » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi,
I read the 3 link here and realized my GPU was out of date.
I installed a new one Nvidia Quadro 4000.
still the same issue -
I tried to reinstall dialux eve - nothing changed.
I also look at the setting in the Nvidia control center but they do not match the one shown in one ion your link
see screen capture here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ecUPr ... Zf2TbCwCXS
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bbNQV ... 84rxRyvd2G

thanks

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:16 am

Dear anaphken,

You can try to clean up your system completely by doing the following workflow:

1) Uninstalling the current DIALux evo version
2) Delete the DIALux evo folder completely manually afterwards.
C:\Program Files\DIAL GmbH
3) Reinstall our evo version 8 (patch 3) on your system with the following download link:
DIALux evo 8 Patch 3: https://b2b.dial.de/index.php/s/79MviIzDReBTcmJ

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

anaphken

Post by anaphken » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi,
I did all the step listed here.
still the same problem.
I was able to install the 7.1 patch 2 release and it is working.
also as soon as I start a not simple calculation - Dialux crashes.

Any other reason or procedure you could recommend?
here are my workstation specs:
Intel Xeon W3540 2.93GHz
10Gb RAM
Windows 10
64 Bits
Nvidia Quaddro 4000 2GB memory

thanks

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:18 am

Dear anaphken,

Have you tried once again to install the older evo version 7.1? In case of not, please check what happens when reinstalling this version. Here you will find the download link for the older evo7.1 version.

DIALux evo 7.1 patch2 setup: https://b2b.dial.de/index.php/s/F0Rxsff5QZjvAWe

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team