Recently used textures are missing

crashes, error report
kikeblackberry

Recently used textures are missing

Post by kikeblackberry » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi,
I am working with latest version of EVO in a project and I have applied textures to floor, walls, furniture as you can see in next image. As I did with EVO’s previous version I close the project file and some time later I open it again to continue working on it but I have found that all textures already used on the project have gone from button “select” recently used materials window so it is very time consuming task to reload all textures again or pick them up from project.
Used materials empty.jpg
Used materials empty.jpg (133.39 KiB) Viewed 114 times
Is it a normal behavior of latest version of EVO?

Thank you for your kind answer

Best regards

Csuleiman

Re: Recently used textures are missing

Post by Csuleiman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:21 am

Dear kikeblackberry,

We deliberately implemented this behavior at the time, because by playing on the sliders you can create an almost infinite number of materials and fill the recent list in a confusing way. Or if you load an object with many materials the same thing happens. A long list of green tones simply doesn't help.
To use a material "permanently" you have to move it to the favorites. If you are looking for a certain material you can pick it with the tool. So, to sum up, this behavior is not a bug in evo.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

kikeblackberry

Post by kikeblackberry » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:11 pm

Thank you for your answer.
I have got your point.

By the way, also it will be useful if you implemented this same behavior with “recently used list” for furniture and objects because from time to time it is necessary to manually delete all objects from this list due to EVO got slow at the very moment when select button is pressed. As well, a long list of objects doesn't help.

Best regards,

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Dear kikeblackberry,

Thank you for your important feedback. We will also discuss the recently used list for furniture and objects with our product owners.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team