DIALux 8.1 Cannot Select / Move Objects / 2D views have vanished

crashes, error report
Will Jarman

DIALux 8.1 Cannot Select / Move Objects / 2D views have vanished

Post by Will Jarman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi All at DIALux,

We have a problem with a new exterior project created with the latest version of Evo 8.1, downloaded today.

The model has no luminaires installed yet. It is also at a relatively small size (2.2MB). With the building of the scene half completed, I am unable to click with the mouse and select/ move objects. It is possible to click on the object name in the project tree on the left of the screen, select it that way and then input a numerical locations, but with this file we cannot move or stretch the object in 3D with the mouse.

Also, the 3D view seems to work OK but if you select the plan view or side elevations you just see an empty white screen. I have tried 'zooming' to the extents of the site but this does not help.

I began a new design and put in some objects and was able to manually select them, drag and move them with the coloured arrows / mouse. It seems like the design that I have been creating has somehow become damaged as a file?

Thank you for any advice you can offer,

Will Jarman
Performance iN Lighting UK
Last edited by Will Jarman on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

T.Magenheimer

Re: DIALux 8.1 Cannot Select / Move Objects / 2D views have vanised

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:16 am

Dear Will,

Can you please send us the problematic project file and your imported plan with a link to this thread for an analysis of the problem to the mail address 'Support@dial.de'.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

Will Jarman

Re: DIALux 8.1 Cannot Select / Move Objects / 2D views have vanised

Post by Will Jarman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:17 am

Thank you. I will send the file straight away. Interestingly on opening the file this morning, I can now move the objects in the 3D view, by holding the cursor over the 'move' directional arrows on the object, and waiting for a few seconds. The 'move' function then works. In the few seconds before, clicking on the object and trying to 'move' it instead has the effect of moving the view.

I am still unable to select the objects by clicking directly on them, and the 2D plan and elevation views are still not visible, just a white screen.

Will

T.Magenheimer

Re: DIALux 8.1 Cannot Select / Move Objects / 2D views have vanished

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:34 am

Dear Will,

A extrusion volume was problematic in your project file, because it was inserted somewhere in the nowhere. After deleting it, the problem was solved.
You already received a mail from us with your repaired project file.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

Will Jarman

Re: DIALux 8.1 Cannot Select / Move Objects / 2D views have vanished

Post by Will Jarman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:26 am

Everything is working perfectly now and my project will be delivered this afternoon as promised. Thank you DIALux team.

(I had a 'rogue' extrusion volume within the project, located a great distance (many Kilometres..!) away from the measuring surfaces. This was causing the problem. The DIAL team found it immediately and let me know how to fix the file)

:D