Problem with pdf output

crashes, error report
Valya

Problem with pdf output

Post by Valya » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Dear Dialux team,
I have a problem, when I'm trying to determine page count, after some time it gave an error and is written:

"Failed to allocate … bytes."
I thought I could not have enough space and checked my PC, and it show me that I have 13,3GB free space.
Can You tell me how I can fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for support.

surmichael80

Re: Problem with pdf output

Post by surmichael80 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:53 am

I get this error all the time now. I spend hours creating and designing only to find the determine page count gives the error failed to allocate. This is a real issues and if the test work just fine why is it an issue to get the results?

kvkozierowski

Re: Problem with pdf output

Post by kvkozierowski » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Hello,

In most cases this happens if you have complex geometry in your project (furnitures, luminaire models etc.) and/or DWGs with many layers and lines. The reason is that these objects are rendered as SVGs for the 2D views (floor plan) in the output process. These SVGs can become so big that the system cannot handle them (there is a 32bit component involved that has a memory limit of about 2-4GB). When you hit "Determine page count" each and every selected page will be rendered and then it most likely that the error occurs.

We are working on a new output generation process that should not run into this problem at the moment.

As a workaround you can try to reduce the layers shown in your DWG or disable the DWGs completely. If this is not enough you can try to use models that are less complex. To omit 2D views in the documentation may also help.

Best regards
Kolja