Transparencies troubles

crashes, error report
emmanuelclair

Transparencies troubles

Post by emmanuelclair » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:55 am

Hi all,

the materials advance properties show no transparencies for "metal" and "painted". Meanwhile it's still slighty transparent in the calculation. Who knows where is the trouble?

for exemple, in my studies, , I have a suspended lantern, materials of the lantern is opaque, as it's defined in "painted" advance properties, and I still have some diffusion light above the lantern. I have paid attention to place correctly the light bulb of course.

Thanks
Emmanuel
Attachments
Capture32.jpg
Capture32.jpg (179.66 KiB) Viewed 411 times
Capture12.JPG
Capture12.JPG (98.11 KiB) Viewed 411 times
Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (149.39 KiB) Viewed 411 times

T.Magenheimer

Re: Transparencies troubles

Post by T.Magenheimer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:15 am

Dear emmanuelclair,

The materials are divided into three types Metallic, Painted and transparent.

The first two types (metallic and painted) describe a material that only reflects light (no light is transmitted). With these two types of material, a part of the light can be reflected diffusely and another part of the light can be directed. The main difference between these two materials is the type of reflective reflection.

In the case of the painted material, incoming light is reflected in a directional way, not coloured by the colour of the material. The material colour only plays a role for the diffuse reflection (with regard to the colour of the reflected light).

In the case of the metallic material, the material colour also influences the colour of the directionally reflected light.

The third type of material "transparent" describes a material that transmits part of the light and reflects another part in a directional manner. Diffuse reflection or transmission (frosted glass) is currently not possible.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team