missing Czech language

crashes, error report
marek135

missing Czech language

Post by marek135 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:38 am

I have latest Evo 8.2. installation and there is missing Czech language in General Settings menu. There is 24 languages except Czech. Same installation from same installation file has my colleagues and they have Czech language. Can anybody help with a problem ?

T.Magenheimer

Re: missing Czech language

Post by T.Magenheimer » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:56 am

Dear marek135,

The Czech language is automatically installed with each installation.
Read the following two links of our DIALux evo knowledge database:

https://evo.support-en.dial.de/support/ ... ialux-evo-

https://evo.support-en.dial.de/support/ ... o-support-

If the problem still persists, we would recommend you to uninstall your current evo version completely from your computer system and install our newest evo 8.2 patch 1 version by using the following download link. In this case, all DIALux components will be newly registered.

DIALux evo 8.2 patch 1: https://b2b.dial.de/index.php/s/remTwgv87qPCEJz

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

marek135

Post by marek135 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Dear Mr. Magenheimer,
thank you for advice, I know where to change the languare, but as I wrote, there I have only 24 languages in the list, it starts with Danish language and ends with some Chinese. I uninstall Evo completely, install Patch 1 and situation is still the same.
When I will look in to C:\Program Files\DIAL GmbH\DIALux\Media\Languages, there are CZ language files, but not possible to choose it in Evo. Here are printsreens:
Evo_prntscr1.png
Evo_prntscr1.png (131.34 KiB) Viewed 637 times
Evo_prntscr2.png
Evo_prntscr2.png (168.12 KiB) Viewed 637 times

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:13 am

Dear arek135,

We would like to give you some background information on how this problem may have occurred.
Evo first collects all supported cultures (language, currency info, date format,…) and creates a whitelist (so evo knows which of the languages the .NET installation understands). When creating this whitelist it will also be checked if it is a standard culture from .NET or if it is something user-generated "CustomCulture". If the user has created this, evo does not support the culture either.

Here you can find quite detailed information: http://catalogue.pearsoned.co.uk/sample ... 341384.pdf

Thus, it is probably possible to overwrite a standard culture (e.g. cs-CZ) with a CustomCulture on a system. This is the only case that seems plausible to us at the moment, especially if you consider that it is obviously a Czech system and only this language is not supported.

The whole thing brings with it various problems:
- Probably you don't know anything about it.
- There is no simple and harmless way to get that to work in evo
- Probably there is a program that needs the change or at least there are some strange problems when you undo it

In the PDF you will find among other things the following; The CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder Register method performs two actions:
• Creates an NLP file in the system’s Globalization folder
• Adds an entry to the Registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\IetfLanguage
The NLP file is a binary representation of the custom culture. No API exists for this file format, so you must treat it like a black box. The file is placed in %WINDIR%\Globalization and given the same name as the custom culture—e.g., c:\Windows\Globalization\en-GB.NLP.

So we'd like you to check to see if you have a c:\Windows\Globalization\cs-CZ.NLP.
You could be pretty sure that's the problem then.

We can't tell you if it's easy to delete/deregister and what the effects might be on your computer. If you do something there, it is at your own risk.

Probably the better method is to rename the two files ('StringResources.cs-CZ.xaml', 'OutputPageStringResources.cs-CZ.xaml').
If you replace "cs-CZ" with "mi-NZ", Czech for evo is now "Maori" (Reo Maori (Ao...)), I wouldn't use any language where there is a "danger" that we might support them. We don't think Maori does.

In evo it will look like this:

Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (64.95 KiB) Viewed 611 times

Please note:
You will only have to do this again after each evo update, because of course we deliver the new texts as cs-CZ again!

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

marek135

Post by marek135 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:25 am

Thank you so much, I choosed Option B ;-)