How to Restore the Preview Effect of IES Files'Light Intensity Distribution in Win10 Explorer

crashes, error report
whalelight

How to Restore the Preview Effect of IES Files'Light Intensity Distribution in Win10 Explorer

Post by whalelight » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:44 am

As the title shows, my new computer system is Win10. When I change the format of open files from Notepad to IES VIEWS SOFT, the content of picture 1 in Explorer becomes the content of picture 2. Could you tell me how to repair it? I've tried regedit tools to delete Association formats, but it doesn't work.
Attachments
P2.png
P2.png (166.13 KiB) Viewed 509 times
P1.png
P1.png (73.44 KiB) Viewed 509 times

Csuleiman

Re: How to Restore the Preview Effect of IES Files'Light Intensity Distribution in Win10 Explorer

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:29 am

Hello whalelight,

Regarding your problem, I would like to provide you with a short instruction wherewith you can fix the problem.

At first open the registry : (type regedit in the white space under your start button)

Please follow this path : „HKEY_CURRENT_USER" -> "Software" -> "Microsoft" -> "windows" -> "CurrentVersion" -> "Explorer"
-> "FileExts" and delete the folder “.ies”.

After that please search for the file "_RegDll.bat" by using the Windows search function (the standard directory is C:\....\DIALux\Support). Now please run the "_RegDll.bat" batchfile by double-clicking it, so that all DIALux components will be registered manually. A Dos window will appear and you will get a message box for every single module. Please confirm every messagebox with a click on OK, if the registration step was successful.

It should work after a PC restart.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

whalelight

Re: How to Restore the Preview Effect of IES Files'Light Intensity Distribution in Win10 Explorer

Post by whalelight » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:50 am

I am very grateful to your team for their response!

I have solved this problem, through the instructions you provided.

The software I installed is EVO 8.2, and the file named "_RegDll.bat" was not found in its installation path and in the entire computer file. (C:\Program Files\DIAL GmbH\DIALux\Register.bat?)

So I deleted the files in the following 4 paths and then reinstalled the software. At the moment the installation was completed, its display changed.

1.\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.ies
2.\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.ies
3.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.IES
4.\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.IES