Document exports - Size

crashes, error report
L1ghtingDes1gn3r

Document exports - Size

Post by L1ghtingDes1gn3r » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Hey

So this problem has been around for a while and it's affecting me in every other Project. What I'm talking about is when you export your light calculations and have a DWG-drawing in the background of the prinout, the document gets way to large to the point that's it's not possible to send through mail.
I understand that you can just disable the DWG, and then this problem goes away, but I really like having the DWG-drawing in the background of the print out (like the attached image shows). It's good for many reasons.
I also know that you can compress the file, but when it the quality does not look good..

It just doesn't make sense if I add a DWG-file which is around 0,3MB, use that as a "background" for two rooms, and the size of the printout increases by 10MB+.
I hope you understand what I'm talking about, and I think you already know of this. Is there a planned update to fix this issue?

Thanks!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (146.54 KiB) Viewed 1264 times

T.Magenheimer

Re: Document exports - Size

Post by T.Magenheimer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Dear L1ghtingDes1gn3r,

In the next evo version there will be a completely new documentation.
So for complex DWG's in the background the output in evo 9 will be smaller. The rest still needs to be tested.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team