DialuxEvo does not open

crashes, error report
SandraD

DialuxEvo does not open

Post by SandraD » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi,

Since I reinstalled Windows 10, Dialux Evo does not open anymore. The grey rectangle pops up, but nothing happen after.
I Re-installed Dialux Evo several times

Is there any issue of compatibility between Dialux Evo and this version of Windows ? Because all the others softwares : Autocad, Photoshop, Excel... are working

Edition Windows 10 professionnel
Version 1909
Version du systeme d'exploitation : 18363.720

Thank you for your help

Sandra D

Csuleiman

Re: DialuxEvo does not open

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:00 am

Hello Sandra,

DIALux evo 8.2, DIALux 4.13.0.2 as well as our electronic luminaire catalogues (plugins) are compatible with WIN10.

We would like to recommend you to deactivate all your security software (virus scanner) once on your computer system and have a look if something in the background of your computer system is blocking the DIALux evo starting process.

If you have a bad feeling to disable the security software, you can deactivate your WLAN connection and remove the network cable from your computer.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

agL

Re: DialuxEvo does not open

Post by agL » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:25 am

Hello Sandra,

I have similar problem with you.
Recently I'm not able to work with Evo 64bit (as you described). Only with Evo 32bit.

From other PC, which both Evo functional, I've discovered that you need to have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 installed. You can download it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/downloa ... x?id=48145. If you have higher version installed, you need to uninstall it beforehand.

This solution solved my problem and now able to work with both again.
Hope this can solved yours too.

Best regards,
agL