heavy file

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
pchai

heavy file

Post by pchai » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 am

Dear Team,

I am working on a dialux evo file which is about 1.5gb already and every modification i am trying to do takes a lot of time. Is there something i could do so as to continue working on it faster? It is a file with some 3ds files, and a drawing insert file.

Thank you in advance,
Pchai

Csuleiman

Re: heavy file

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:30 am

Dear pchai,

Please be so kind to provide us with your project file. We would like to get a deeper insight into the project. It would be helpful if you could also send us the DWG drawing. Please send all files with a link to this thread to support@dial.de.
As the file size is too big to sending by email please use a file hosting service like WeTransfer (www.wetransfer.com). You can also use other hosting systems such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar to send us the project file.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

T.Magenheimer

Re: heavy file

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 am

Dear pchai,

We checked your project file and we could reproduce the problem you described. There are some complex 3DS objects (trees and furniture) in the project file which caused the problem.

Just for your information:

If a 3DS object consists of too many surfaces then some serious performance problems could occur in DIALux.
Every surface of a 3D model has to be calculated separately and if the sum of the 3D models (and the surfaces) are too complex for the calculation or the handling of DIALux, it could give a lack of main memory during the calculation or performance problems in DIALux. This is the reason why maybe the calculation interrupts or takes some hours or it gives problems while the generating of the outputs.

We would recommend every user to search for alternative 3DS objects with less surfaces. The key is to find a good compromise between a realistic visualization and moderate quantity of surfaces.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team