Cutout doesn't let the light in ?

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
dbur

Cutout doesn't let the light in ?

Post by dbur » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Hello,

In a simple room, I have a window on the right and a rectangular cutout on the left, from floor to ceiling (see image). As you can see, light enters the room through the window, but not through the cutout :shock: .
What am I missing ?
You can also note that the wall texture has been removed on both sides of the cutout.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
cutouts.jpg
cutouts.jpg (170.96 KiB) Viewed 316 times

T.Magenheimer

Re: Cutout doesn't let the light in ?

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:31 am

Dear dbur,

Please read the following chapter of our DIALux evo manual to answer your question:

http://en.wiki.dialux.com/index.php/Daylight#Daylight

"The calculation of the illumination takes place only in the interior and only by daylight relevant windows, which conduct the daylight inside the building. Other building openings are not considered in the calculation of daylight. Windows that are inside the building are not relevant for daylight. In most cases DIALux automatically detects this. If necessary, you can change this setting at the window in the apertures tool."

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

dbur

Post by dbur » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Thank you for your answer.
It's a shame that cutout are not conducting the light inside the building. So just another question: how can I achieve this (see image): I have a window from floor to ceiling, with particular sashes and mullion, etc.
I cannot use the default windows to do this, so I imported a small 3DS file to get the window object, Problem is there's no "hole" in the wall to let the light through...
ensan.jpg
ensan.jpg (204.53 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Thank you for any hint on this ;-)

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Dear dbur,

The only possibility to let daylight into your building is using our standard windows.

The wish to expand our standard windows selection, we will put on our improvement list.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team