DIalux evo error

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
PrattushaB

DIalux evo error

Post by PrattushaB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 pm

Hello,

I have been using Dialux evo for a while now but after upgrading to 7.1, I am facing few problems, it could be coincidental.
After facing the error for several times, I uninstalled Dialux evo and tried to re-install it. But I am getting an error message while trying to install it. It's telling me "can not create the config file". And now I'm in a situation that I can not delete the files whatever has been installed, the software is not been installed properly so can't uninstall it from the control panel. I am attaching the error messages here.
Please let me know what should I do to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Prattusha.
Attachments
Error_1.JPG
Error_1.JPG (152.29 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
Error_2.JPG
Error_2.JPG (197.22 KiB) Viewed 3191 times

T.Magenheimer

Re: DIalux evo error

Post by T.Magenheimer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Dear Prattusha,

Do you have Windows 10 as operating system and already installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?

If yes, please deactivate the controlled folder access with the help of the following little manual:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enab ... ors-update

After you deactivate the controlled folder access, please uninstall our evo software from your computer system and install our evo version 7.1 once again on your computer system with the followjng download link of our evo setup.

Download link DIALux evo 7.1 setup: https://b2b.dial.de/index.php/s/5zdGX44Gyv8Zx7v

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

PrattushaB

Post by PrattushaB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 and I just checked and it seems my controlled folder access is already disabled but still I am getting this issues. I have uninstalled and reinstalled for so many times. Is there any other way I can get rid off this error? Please suggest.

Kind Regards,
Prattusha.

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:57 am

Hello Prattusha,

This has to be something related to the folder access control on your system.
Please verfiy that you have read and write access to the location you want to save your file, your temp directory and at least this folder: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\DIAL GmbH\DIALux" and all subfolder.

Best Regards
Kolja

PrattushaB

Post by PrattushaB » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:37 pm

Hello,

I checked with our administrator and he confirmed that I have full access to all the drives but still I was getting those errors. Then I uninstall the software and tried to install it. While installing, I got another error message. I am attaching it with the email. I just can't understand what has happened. Will it be possible for you to remotely access my computer and check if something is off. I don't know.
Please advise.
Error Message_1.JPG
Error Message_1.JPG (143.11 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
Kind Regards,
Prattusha.

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 am

Hello Prattusha,

This issue seems to be related to the "Fall Creators Update" and changes in the file/folder access permissions. I recognized on my system that at least some permissions had changed after the update. I wonder if you could check if you have permission to access (read and write) the folder "c:\ProgramData\DIAL GmbH" and all subfolders.
Here is a thread concerning the same problem with another software and the Windows 10 update: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencomm ... ws-10-1709

Best regards
Kolja

PrattushaB

Post by PrattushaB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Hello Kolja,
I checked the folder and I do have all the permission. All I could ask the admin to downgrade Windows 10. It all started when I got this upgrade. May be 1709 has something conflicting with Dialux Evo.

Kind Regards,
Prattusha.