Ligt passing through oblect

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Alan

Ligt passing through oblect

Post by Alan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi,

I have created a wall coving board object (upside down "L" shaped), with two parts, then combined. When using LED strip, directed to floor, I get illumination above/through the coving? Is this a bug? or is there something I can do. There should be no upward illumination. The object is directly to the wall, in fact I have tried it with the object penetrating the wall but the same result.

I will appreciate your advice. Best regards
Alan
Kitchen area.jpg
Kitchen area.jpg (248.92 KiB) Viewed 712 times

Csuleiman

Re: Ligt passing through oblect

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:04 am

Dear Alan,

Please be so kind to provide us with the problematic evo project file for further analysis. Our email address is 'Support@dial.de'.
Please send us also the link to this topic, so that we could better assign this issue.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

F.Krewett

Post by F.Krewett » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:44 am

Dear Alan,

From a technical perspective it is sometimes difficult to divide the walls in parts. If the upper part above the track is not calculated as an own part the result can be seen in your screenshot with the upper illumination.
The correct way to construct this project is to draw a ceiling.
Ceiling.png
Ceiling.png (23.39 KiB) Viewed 681 times
The upper illumination is not displayed afterwards.
illumination.png
illumination.png (151.38 KiB) Viewed 681 times

Best regards
Fabian

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Dear Fabian,

Thanks for your response and I understand your technical explanation as to why this happens. However, the solution you propose at first was not clear to me. (I was unable to open your example sent in the email, see below)

My example file had a ceiling inserted so I tried to replicate what you advise and deleted the auto insert ceiling, after which, to the draw the ceiling as you propose:

a) if I set the clearance height as it should be then there is no difference and the upper illumination is still there.
b) if I set the clearance height to the top of the track, then yes, there is no upper illumination BUT, of course, there is NO gap between the ceiling and the track and the project must have the track set below the ceiling clearance.

However, still applying the inserted ceiling, when I also draw an additional ceiling to a very narrow width and then move it almost completely into the wall cavity, as graphic below, I can get the right effect. Is this what are proposing? Or is there another method?
Cove light 2.JPG
Cove light 2.JPG (32.07 KiB) Viewed 671 times
Cove light 1.JPG
Cove light 1.JPG (20.31 KiB) Viewed 671 times
Many thanks again for you kind attention to this.

I was unable to open your example file (from the email) as it states I need a later version, which I assume is 8.0? (I have latest 7.1). I did have 8.0 installed (link from Frankfurt Fair) but had to uninstall due to some bugs that you still have to resolve on this version. So I reverted back to 7.1 latest version. What version was your example file?

Best regards
Alan

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:22 am

Dear Alan,

We sent you a mail with the exclusive download link of our DIALux evo 8 version.
With this version you can open the file.

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team