Dialux Evo - Cannot view existing model files

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Joni333

Dialux Evo - Cannot view existing model files

Post by Joni333 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:26 am

Hi

I am new to Dialux Evo. When I open an existing file, I only see a black screen and no model or lights.

I am opening an existing file, created in Evo - which views perfectly on my colleage's computer.
However when I open the file, I do not see anything apart from a black screen when in 3d view mode, and white screen when in plan/section view mode.
I have tried everything I can think of, recalculating the file, playing with zoom in and out, display options in the right hand corner. I have unistalled evo and reinstalled it again. However I cannot view the model.
It says that the lights are in there, as well as an object file, but I cannot see them.
I have checked that my NVIDIA graphics card is set to on, and it is.

Is there anything else that I might have missed, or you could reccomend to help with this problem?

Regards
J

T.Magenheimer

Re: Dialux Evo - Cannot view existing model files

Post by T.Magenheimer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:51 am

Dear Joni333,

We wonder if you could provide us with the evo project file. Our email address is 'Support@dial.de'.
Please send us also the link to this topic, so that we could better assign this issue.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Joni333

Post by Joni333 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi Dial Support

I am sorry but I cannot send the file to you - for confidentiality reasons.
It opens fine on two of my colleage's computers, but not mine.
I think it might be to do with the graphics card... is there any advice you can give regarding this?
Thanks
Joni

Joni333

Post by Joni333 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:16 am

Further to this
I have just discovered that:

The software displays my lighting model correctly when i am viewing it on my laptop screen as the primary screen. However, when I plug it into the desk monitors, the model in the file is not visible. I have checked other monitors and it is the same issue. My colleages do not have this issue when they do the same task as me. So it is something to do with my laptop. I have reinstalled my graphics card NVIDIA, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software.

If I come to any resolutions I will post it here.