select multiple rooms and do same actions on it

feel free to add wishes and suggestions
deech123

select multiple rooms and do same actions on it

Post by deech123 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi guys,

I'm working almost 6 hours a day in dialux for the moment on very big projects.
what I do encounter is the time I lose on adding ceilings in hundreds and hundres of compartiments, adding ceiling colors, etc...

my question is : is there any way to select for example 40 rooms, then select the ceiling tool and add a ceiling in all those 40 rooms with the same height in one time?
Same to give the rooms the same colors like ceiling etc...

if you have big project with hundreds of rooms, that all have the same physical aspect, then it would save me tons of hours if I can do this in one time... is that possible?

also selecting a number of rooms in one time and then add the correct desired lux value, sometimes I have 100 rooms that need the same lux value or setting, but I have to do this one by one, very time taking.

i will hear it back if there is a way to solve this.

Greetz
Didier

T.Magenheimer

Re: select multiple rooms and do same actions on it

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:02 am

Dear Didier,

Unfortunately this is currently not possible in our evo software. We will add your wish as a new point to our improvement list of evo. This list is the basis for development of the upcoming evo versions.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

deech123

Re: select multiple rooms and do same actions on it

Post by deech123 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:18 am

thx,

I think those things make the software much workable.
if you count the hours we lose on that simple action, it's so time consuming and would help us a lot (me and the rest of the users).

also a good tip is to add the dimensions of the rooms in dialux report. In version 4.0 this is allready there, but in Evo would be a great value again, for sure if you work with architects, construction agencies, etc...
I know you can place rules and then take shots to add in the report, but too much time consuming (I know this is a topic that a lot requested, but still a bit sad it's not there yet).

also do you know in dialux 8, that when you have a very large building with a lot of rooms, the moment you change the dimensions of one room, or add a point or move it a bit, it takes over 5 min that dialux is blocked?
i'm working on a very fast pc with over 64GB ram, and it takes over 5 min to add one point or change position, something to check over there.

Didier