Surfaces and materials

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
MichelWestoll

Surfaces and materials

Post by MichelWestoll » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:47 am

Hi All,

I am now on my third day of using EVO 8 and working on a commercial showroom in which there are two different surfaces (laminated timber flooring and tiled flooring) in one room. how can this be achieved?

Secondly, I also have an opening, which there is no catalogued empty doorway option in EVO. I used the cut out tool to achieve this but it has created a surface material problem by amalgamating the two seperate surfaces between a stock room (plain polished concrete) and showroom (laminated timber flooring). lastly I have my restromm-WC area which are tiled flooring wilth wall tiling to a height of 1.4m then painted surface above that.

In short... How do you seperate surface materials on a single surface?

Thanks in advance

Csuleiman

Re: Surfaces and materials

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:17 am

Hi MichelWestoll,

You can insert a thin cube which has the geometry of the first seperated room. Then you will be able to use a laminated timber just for this area. Or the better way would be to create this room by using new indoor contours. Then you will have a real room in a room. If you click on the SHIFT key whilst drag&drop the colour to the floor, you will only get for one room and one floor the material as required. Maybe you can check it out.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

MichelWestoll

Post by MichelWestoll » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:49 am

They were two seperates rooms to start with, so createtin a new indoor contour is not a suitable option. by creating the opening in the wall between the two rooms, the program has not recognised that the floor areas are seperate as it would be if I had inserted an empty door aperture. It would be good to have this as an option in the apetures catalogue selection for both doors and windows. it now also shows in the 3D view that the seperate room is an extention to the first in both cases of each room.

To this extent, this issue is unresloved. I will uses the suggested option of creating a cube to resolve surface changes in the one area.

thank you

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:56 am

Hi MichelWestoll,

We will include the option of an empty door opening in our evo improvement list. This roadmap is the basis for the upcoming evo versions.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team