Import *.ies luminaire files

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
m.sahlaa

Import *.ies luminaire files

Post by m.sahlaa » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:51 am

Dear Dialux,

I have *.ies luminaire files that I'd import to DIALux. When I import it, in DIALux shown seems like a wizard to edit the luminaire dimension and light distribution.

I already edit it and saved it. But I'm wrong to choose the light distribution angle.

My questions, how to edit that luminaire light distribution angle? I'd tried to import it again with rename the *.ies file in Windows Explorer, but still can't worked.

I using DIALux Evo 8.1 and I was running for road lighting project.

Thank you,

M. Sahlaa

T.Magenheimer

Re: Import *.ies luminaire files

Post by T.Magenheimer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:37 am

Dear m.sahlaa ,

Can you please explain us with the help of some screenshots what you exactly want to do?

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

m.sahlaa

Post by m.sahlaa » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:07 am

Dear DIALux,

I'm import the *.ies file for luminaire as shown below:
1.JPG
1.JPG (77.79 KiB) Viewed 337 times
After that, I click "Next" as shown below:
2.JPG
2.JPG (40.36 KiB) Viewed 337 times
I just entering the luminaire dimension, but I forgot to click the "90deg rotation of the LDC" checkbox, and I click "Finish"

My question: How to do that step above to check the "90deg rotation of the LDC" check box? Because I'd tried to import it again, the IES import and properties wizard not shown again. And I'd tried to clear the luminaire history and retry to import the ies file again, but the result still same, the wizard not shown.

Could you help me to shown how to change the "90deg rotaion of the LDC" of the luminaire that I imported to DIALux if I already imported it before?

I do it for Road Lighting Project in DIALux.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

M. Sahlaa

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:30 am

Dear m.sahlaa,

Please close evo and open the “Service Tool” in the DIAL GmbH folder (see attached screenshots 1&2). In the "Service Tool" you will find a button called "Clear recent luminaires". Please click on it and afterwards open evo again. Then you should be able to insert the IES file via drag&drop and select the check box for the 90° rotation.

Screenshot 1 (32-bit).jpg
Screenshot 1 (32-bit).jpg (236.52 KiB) Viewed 245 times
Screenshot 1 (64-bit).jpg
Screenshot 1 (64-bit).jpg (118.01 KiB) Viewed 245 times
Service Tool.jpg
Service Tool.jpg (106.95 KiB) Viewed 245 times

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team