Realtime Calculation Grid Updates

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Sentinel

Realtime Calculation Grid Updates

Post by Sentinel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Hello

I'm totally new to DIALux Evo, so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question. :)

I'd like to draw a Calculation Grid in Evo and get realtime value updates (lx) when I change luminaire settings etc. Just like I can get in DIALux 4.
I understand that in Evo there is no such thing as Calculation Grid. I have to draw a Calculation Object, change settings to my liking and I do get lx values on my points, but when I change luminaire position or its settings the numbers do not update in realtime. What am I doing wrong?

Best regards.

T.Magenheimer

Re: Realtime Calculation Grid Updates

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 am

Dear Sentinel,

In this case, we recommend that you use the "Fast calculation" method. To quickly see how changes affect you, simply start this calculation method. In this case, the calculation will only be performed in the story you are currently in (see attached screenshot). Finally, you should always perform the standard calculation.

Screenshot.JPG
Screenshot.JPG (243.18 KiB) Viewed 177 times

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Hello

Thank you for your reply. I did as you suggested, but my calculation points do not update in realtime.

I made a few screenshots to illustrate:

1) I made a room. Inserted some lights. Inserted a rectangular Calculation Object. Set the calculation option to Fast. Started the calculation. Got my first lx numbers:
screen1.png
screen1.png (172.86 KiB) Viewed 162 times

2) Now, when I edited the light grid arrangement the lx numbers no not update instantly, they stay the same:
screen2.png
screen2.png (173.97 KiB) Viewed 162 times

3) As you can see the calculation option is set to Fast:
screen3.png
screen3.png (57.48 KiB) Viewed 162 times

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards.

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Dear Sentinel,

This is a misunderstanding. You always have to recalculate the project after each change. With the "fast calculation" method, however, only the current story is calculated and not the entire project, which saves time.
A realtime calculation is not possible.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:42 pm

T.Magenheimer wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:22 pm
Dear Sentinel,

This is a misunderstanding. You always have to recalculate the project after each change. With the "fast calculation" method, however, only the current story is calculated and not the entire project, which saves time.
A realtime calculation is not possible.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team
That's very sad to hear.
In DIALux 4 the Calculation Grid is a very handy feature and saves much time when playing around with lights.

Best regards.

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:45 am

Dear Sentinel,

We will put this point on our improvement list.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team