Missing Luminare

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
LightIdeas

Missing Luminare

Post by LightIdeas » Fri May 10, 2019 8:16 am

Hi All,
New here, quick question, can someone point me in the right direction if a light I want to use for a project is not in the database?
Can I add it myself so that it shows up correctly in the reports etc etc?
Thanks in advance

Csuleiman

Re: Missing Luminare

Post by Csuleiman » Fri May 10, 2019 8:19 am

Hi LightIdeas,

In general, you have the possibility to use photometric files in terms of a luminaire standard format. In this content, we would like to inform you that you can work in DIALux 4 and evo with fittings of any manufacturer worldwide, who offers his products as standard luminaire files. Most of the manufacturers offer the possibility to download their luminaire files from their websites. DIALux supports all standard formats like *.ldt, *.tm14, *.cibse, *.ltli & *.ies. You can simply insert a luminaire file by drag & drop from the folder, in which you saved the files, into the CAD view of DIALux 4 and evo.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

LightIdeas

Post by LightIdeas » Fri May 10, 2019 8:35 am

Thanks for the quick response, I will give it a try.
If they don't make an actual luminaire file is it possible to make one based on the information provided in the data sheet? :roll:

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Fri May 10, 2019 9:04 am

Hi LightIdeas,

Normally when measuring a luminaire in a lab a luminaire file according to the standard will be generated automatically. This is done by the software being used for the measurement. For example, in our photometric laboratory, we can choose which kind of format the values will be stored.

If you want to create a luminaire file without measuring, we would like to inform you that this is a rather critical business, as there is a quite huge amount of experience needed. The creation of a LDT or IES file can easily be done by entering the existing data into a text file according to the Eulumdat or IESNA standard. To do so, you just need a text editor to fill in the data and save the file as a"*.ldt" or “.ies” file. That’s it.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team