Accessing site area

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Alan

Accessing site area

Post by Alan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi,

I have been a user of Dialux for some time now but I have just come across a problem that I just cannot resolve, although I think I should!

I have imported a DWG plan, which must have an extremely large sheet size, compared to the actual plan. This was first found on import when I had to continually zoom in to find the plan to manage the coordinates etc. I managed to set the plan and made the first building outline When I select "Zoom to entire scene" in 2D view the plan is a spec, virtually invisible and it is not possible to view in 3D. The scale of the building plan is correct. I cannot seem to isolate the total site (scene) area to select this and then be able reduce it to a sensible size.

I feel a bit dumb about this!

Can anybody point me in the right direction of how to isolate or select the total site are?

Thanks
Alan

T.Magenheimer

Re: Accessing site area

Post by T.Magenheimer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:54 am

Hi Alan,

Please send us the problematic DWG file and the link to this thread for an analysis of the problem to the mail address 'Support@dial.de'.

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team

F.Krewett

Post by F.Krewett » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:22 am

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the files!
To import a DWG please make sure to import it always using the correct size. E.g. if you will select meters instead of millimeters the drawing will be 1000x smaller than intended. Furthermore we have noticed that the desired plan is much smaller than the complete DWG file. So we suppose that there is some non-geometric garbage in the file for example the title block. In this case you should clean up the drawing before exporting to DWG.
We hope this tips helps to solve the issue.

Best regards
Fabian

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi Fabian,

Thanks you put me in the right direction.

The scale was correct. The problem was that there were a few symbols in the DWG, located (by scale) thousands of metres away from the plan!

I managed to find these and delete them. This is what was making the site area on import so massive and the plan so small.

Thanks again for you support.

Best regards
Alan