Calculation object show values at increments along line or curve

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
xcelgmuer

Calculation object show values at increments along line or curve

Post by xcelgmuer » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Is there a calculation object that can show the values along a line or curve? I need to show lighting values at a property line and needs the values to be a set distance apart along the line/curve.
Thanks

kvkozierowski

Re: Calculation object show values at increments along line or curve

Post by kvkozierowski » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:15 am

Hello,

You can try to use a calculation point and copy it along a (curved) line.

Best Regards
Kolja

xcelgmuer

Post by xcelgmuer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:52 pm

Thanks for the idea and I'll probably do that. It is not a good solution as a calculation point seems to be a small grid but can be configured just to show 1 point. It can then be copied along a line/curve, but when export to AutoCad it makes table for each so does not have usable calculations. Is it possible to rotate a calculation area independent of other calculation areas so then I can get at least and straight line I can align along a boundary?

Thanks again for the help. Paul

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:36 am

Hello Paul,

You have a calculation surface in evo but also a calculation point which is really just one point and not an area or grid like the surface.
calcpoint.PNG
calcpoint.PNG (18.85 KiB) Viewed 977 times
When you use the calculation surface you can draw complex shapes with the "Draw polygonal calculation object" function as well as rotate the object freely along all three axis. You can rotate each calculation area independent of the other objects.

Best Regards
Kolja