Emergency Lighting - Again.

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
64_Richard

Re: Emergency Lighting - Again.

Post by 64_Richard » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:14 pm

I was also told that emergency lighting would be implemented this year, by email from Dialux.
So that information is out there.
Also Dial Evo 9 was scheduled for release mid 2019, and we're well past that.
Emergency lighting is extremely important, so it is a shame that DIALux have chosen to ignore it.
And making us really on Dial 4, which is well outdated now, isn't very good.
Until evo lets us do emergency lighting, it is far from being a successor to 4.

kidmaciek

Post by kidmaciek » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:21 pm

kvkozierowski wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:04 am
Are you serious?? Earlier this year you said that you plan to introduce emergency lighting to evo at the end of 2019 or early 2020
I do not know who said this but it was certainly not me.
In evo 9.0 there will be major improvements in the documentation, the luminaire placement and the handling of outdoor spaces. That are all topics where we receive lots of comlaints.
If it was my personal decision we would have implemented emergency lighting five years ago but there are reasons that we did not.
However it is a very important issue and I am sure it will be one of the nexts subjects for the next evo version (after evo 9.0).
At least while we're waiting they could upgrade dial 4. At least allow the import of rooms from Evo. And tidy up the output section. And make it less clunky.
If we would do that you would have to wait for emergency lighting in evo even longer. I am sure nobody wants this. evo is the successor of DIALux 4 and there will bei no import for evo projects in DIALux 4.
It wasn't you, that's right. Here:

https://dxboard.dialux.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=86365

Emergency lighting is a major feature for light planning and it should be a top priority, much more urgent than fixing some bugs and glitches or even improving other features. First give us the tools, and THEN improve them. Having glitchy/buggy features in a still developing software is normal and understandable, no matter how annoying. Not having major features AND having glitchy/buggy features on top of that is just infuriating.

64_Richard

Post by 64_Richard » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Emergency lighting is a major feature for light planning and it should be a top priority, much more urgent than fixing some bugs and glitches or even improving other features. First give us the tools, and THEN improve them. Having glitchy/buggy features in a still developing software is normal and understandable, no matter how annoying. Not having major features AND having glitchy/buggy features on top of that is just infuriating.
[/quote]

Again, I couldn't have put it better myself.
It does seem to be a deliberate decision made by DIAL to hold back on emergency lighting, rather than not being able to incorporate it.
It's so annoying.