Export Luminaire/surfaces positions or Import new 3D Model

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
AJK

Export Luminaire/surfaces positions or Import new 3D Model

Post by AJK » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:19 pm

I'm currently working on a project whereby the structural 3D CAD is going through several iterations. Each time a new 3D CAD ifc model file is released I have to rebuild the DIALux EVO model from scratch.

Is there a way I can export the luminaire positions and calculation surfaces in order to import them back into a new DIALux model that has the new 3D CAD?

or...

Is there a way to replace the 3D ifc CAD model with a new one?

or...

Any further ideas in order to stop me building my DIALux model from scratch each time.

Csuleiman

Re: Export Luminaire/surfaces positions or Import new 3D Model

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:40 am

Dear AJK,

The IFC export is still on our improvement list for one of the upcoming evo versions. We currently expect the IFC export to be implemented in 2020.
Every time when starting an IFC import process a new project file will be started. It is not possible to update the IFC in any way nor to copy some items to a new project.
We have added this point to our improvement list of evo which is the basis for the upcoming evo version. We will discuss this issue with our product owner. So, maybe the feature of updating IFC models in the same project will be implemented in the future.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team