Indirect lighting

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
nostos

Indirect lighting

Post by nostos » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to Dialux Evo. I can build a floor of a building with the rooms, calculation areas, and run the calculation with different direct light luminaries but I was wondering if there is a way to make a decent lighting calculation through indirect lighting. In particular I would like to try LED strips in aluminium profiles directing the light up to the ceiling and then have a calculation area on the floor or slightly off the floor by reflection.

I would appreciate any suggestions

Csuleiman

Re: Indirect lighting

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:14 am

Hello nostos,

There are two alternatives to plan cove lighting. Either you use room elements or you use a suspended ceiling, which you would, of course, have to cut out.

Screenshot_.jpg
Screenshot_.jpg (169.9 KiB) Viewed 263 times

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

nostos

Post by nostos » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:37 pm

Thank you CSuleiman for your suggestion

I followed it and got the lux isolines on the calculation area near the floor. The values are sensible but I have read that only 10 to 30% of indirect lights reach the floor from reflection off the ceiling. Can you tell me if Dialux Evo has a parameter to influence the percentage of this reflection percentage and what are the range of values you can give it?

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:57 am

Hello nostos,

Unfortunately, evo has no such parameter.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team