create new rom into ifc model

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
lalberts

Re: create new rom into ifc model

Post by lalberts » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:20 pm

Yes I could delete, but being in the Lights-mode.
And since I have no rooms declared, I would not find in which scene I created the Luminaire, and could not find back the right scene to delete it.

This room creation in an ifc skelett is still open? possible or not?

How can I speed up the calculations.. 4 Storeys with stairs and a Hall in between, some 60 Luminaires.. waiting now for more than an hour.. (5 light scenes, all-on, 1 Floor 2nd Floor and so on). File size was over 160MB..reduced to 25MB by deleting unwanted measurement-surfaces. using 8,443GB of RAM..running single core? 53 threads.. since CPU is at 25% (on a i7)
Takes an eternity... isn't it possibleto add the sceneries instead of calculating each separately? isn't it linear?

Thanks
Lukas

lalberts

Post by lalberts » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:33 pm

lalberts wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:20 pm
Yes I could delete, but being in the Lights-mode.
And since I have no rooms declared, I would not find in which scene I created the Luminaire, and could not find back the right scene to delete it.

This room creation in an ifc skelett is still open? possible or not?

How can I speed up the calculations.. 4 Storeys with stairs and a Hall in between, some 60 Luminaires.. waiting now for more than an hour.. (5 light scenes, all-on, 1 Floor 2nd Floor and so on). File size was over 160MB..reduced to 25MB by deleting unwanted measurement-surfaces. using 8,443GB of RAM..running single core? 53 threads.. since CPU is at 25% (on a i7)
Takes an eternity... isn't it possibleto add the sceneries instead of calculating each separately? isn't it linear?

It took 5 Hours... and the file is with results 500MB big !!!

Sometime I will take time to look at Blender+BlenderBIM+vi-suite+radiance..

Thanks
Lukas

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Dear Lukas,

Unfortunately there is no workaround for finding the luminaires without room construction.

It gives no other ways to reduce the calculation time than by using IFC files that are not too complex.
In most cases, it is not due to any PC components that the calculation is slow or cannot be performed, but to the limitation of the internal memory of our DIALux evo software.

In the 64-bit version of our evo software there is theoretically about 18x10^18 bytes of internal memory. In practice, the system limits the maximum available memory. With Win10 Home it is 128GB, with Win10 Pro 512GB.
We doubt, however, that there will be many cases where more than 16GB or 32GB will add value. So with 32GB per evo instance you should actually always get by.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

lalberts

Post by lalberts » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:19 am

Danke für die Infos.
Ich werde nach mehr RAM verlangen.

Anderes Problem: dieeinstellungen bei den 'Berechnungen'
man kann Schnell oder Standard rechnen.
Jede 'schnell' Rechnung löscht das vorherige Ergebnis? (auch wenn es sich bei der neue Rechnung um eine andere Lichtszene handelt)
Die Einstellung 'nur Berechnungsflächen' verstehe ich nicht ganz: es tut sich nichts?

Lukas
Esslingen

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:46 pm

Dear Lukas,

Please check the following calculation settings in our DIALux evo software. These could cause the problem:
Screenshot.JPG
Screenshot.JPG (45.87 KiB) Viewed 98 times

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team