Automatic Calculation Grid

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
AJK

Automatic Calculation Grid

Post by AJK » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:55 am

Hi,

I am wondering how the calculation grid for a calculation surface (the ones that is automatically created) in DIALux Evo is determined?

Is it using the formula in BS EN 12464-1:2014 4.3.4 Illuminance grid; p=0.2*5^log10(d) ?

I see this question has been asked previously with the response, 'The workplane in evo does not use a regular calculation grid but an adaptive calculation surface'. However I don't think this really answers the question.

What exactly is an 'adaptive calculation surface'?
Does it use p=0.2*5^log10(d) ?

Regards,

Ashley

T.Magenheimer

Re: Automatic Calculation Grid

Post by T.Magenheimer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Dear AJK,

The formula describes the number of calculation points on a grid according to the standard.

The calculation grid and the working planes use this formula as long as the number or spacing of the points is not changed by the user.

Adaptive surfaces do not use this formula.

Adaptive vertical illuminance:

- Here, area-based calculations are performed on a quad tree, which is very finely divided where the gradient of illuminance is particularly high.
- The minimum, maximum and average illuminance values are determined from the quad tree. They are independent of the number of grid points.
- The user has no influence on the results of the quadtrees, so these results cannot be manipulated.

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team