LED Strip light not show warm color

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Travis Designer

LED Strip light not show warm color

Post by Travis Designer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:05 am

Hi
I download and place LED strip light on ceiling. 4800K but they not show warm color. (orange)
Image and attached file:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuAcyL2kNiCPhZkQD4l ... w?e=WFvfb1

Csuleiman

Re: LED Strip light not show warm color

Post by Csuleiman » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:17 am

Hello Travis Designer,

The reason for the mentioned behaviour is the white balance.
The white balance setting in evo works as in digital cameras or photo software (e.g. RAW converter). With the white balance you set the point that should appear as white in your image (white point https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_point). If you set it to 2700K and have luminaires/lamps with 2700K a white wall appears white in the photo/rendering. If you set the white balance to 5000K with the same light sources the white wall is yellow/orange in the photo/rendering. You do not change the light from the light sources with the white balance but the "color" that should be white in the picture.

In general the white balance is adjusted automatically to visualize the scene realistic. But, sometimes it can be that the automatic adjustment is not possible. This is depending on the different colors and textures which are used in the project, e.g. for wooden brown textures.

The white balance can only be changed for the whole storey and not for one certain room. Unfortunately, there is no workaround to adapt the white color in one room departed from the other rooms.

Screenshot.JPG
Screenshot.JPG (66.02 KiB) Viewed 652 times

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Travis Designer

Post by Travis Designer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:36 am

Hi Csuleiman
If I have variety of lights in a room, How can I determine value of White Balance/Manual?

Travis

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi Travis,

As already mentioned, the white balance can only be changed for the whole storey and not for one certain room. Unfortunately, there is no workaround to adapt the white color in one room departed from the other rooms.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Travis Designer

Post by Travis Designer » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:44 am

Hi Csuleiman
I read this White balance doucment from Dialux.
http://en.wiki.dialux.com/index.php/White_balance
They said: "Please note that your monitor also has a white balance so you have to bear in mind that these settings may contradict each other.

We recommend using the standard white balance. If you need any correction for your project, switch the automatic adjustment off and set the approximate colour temperature of the light in your project by using the slide control.

'Brightness' enables the setting of the brightness distribution in a room."

If I set White balance is Standard
I set the strip like as show in picture:

What I should do to make it show "warm" color?
Attached file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuAcyL2kNiCPhZxo0k8 ... g?e=Oroxxe

Best regards
Travis

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:59 am

Hi Travis,

For a warm color set the white balance to "Manual" and >3000K.
That the light is pure white means the automatic white balance works :)

Best Regards
Kolja

Travis Designer

Post by Travis Designer » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:41 am

Hi kvkozierowski;
I just wonder why they said: "We recommend using the standard white balance. If you need any correction for your project"

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:53 am

Hi Trevis,

The whole sentence is: "We recommend using the standard white balance. If you need any correction for your project, switch the automatic adjustment off and set the approximate colour temperature of the light in your project by using the slide control."

The purpose of a white balance is to have a white light (3000K, 4000K, 6000K don't matter) to look white. You don't want this in your project, you want a 3000K light source to appear "warm" (yellow / red). This is technically not a correct white balance but if you wish to do this, you can by switching to manual.

Best Regards
Kolja

Travis Designer

Post by Travis Designer » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi kvkozierowski,
Thank you. Now I understand what they mean.