Losing Light Fixture when reimport IFC file

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
vivek.adani

Post by vivek.adani » Mon May 18, 2020 9:19 am

Hello,
My name is Vivek Adani. I found this post on dialux board from 2017. But it seems to be locked now.
I am facing the same problem. Has there been any update on this in the current model Dialux Evo 9?

Best Regards,
Vivek

Post by maj7510 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:43 am

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am wondering about how can I keep the light fixtures in a file while updating the 3d model by re-importing the IFC file. Because when working with BIM based model, it means that it changes every day by architects. So we need to update the 3d model every day. However it will take time if we should re-assign and relocate the fixtures each time that we update the 3d model. So I do appreciate if you can help me about it to keep the fixutre in the file and just import the 3d model from an IFC file.

Best regards,
Majid

Dear Majid,

Currently you have to start a new project file if you have updated your IFC file. I will put your point on our improvement list for further evo versions.

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

Csuleiman

Re: Losing Light Fixture when reimport IFC file

Post by Csuleiman » Mon May 18, 2020 9:34 am

Hello Vivek,

Each time an IFC import process is started, a new project file is started. It is not possible to update the IFC in any way or to copy some elements into a new project.
We have included this item in our evo improvement list, which will be the basis for the upcoming evo version. We will discuss this issue with our product owner. So maybe in the future the function to update IFC models will be implemented in the same project.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team