skylight composition

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
JS3007

skylight composition

Post by JS3007 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 am

Dear Dialux team and Dialux users

I'm working on a project in dialux Evo 9.0
I'm looking for a way to change the composition of skylights.

I already have read the article "daylight with daylight control systems and skylights" from the DIAL knowledge base.
I can import different daylight system files but i'm not finding any foils or options to change the material for roof windows.

My goal is to do a proper daylight simulation for a skylight with 2 layers of glass. I would love to give an advise about the LTA value of the glass which will be used (see also my topic on this forum from several days ago).
my questions are:
- is it possible to adjust the material of a roof window / skylight?
- importing daylight system files in dialux is only giving me blinds is there a manufacturer who provide foils which i can import in dialux?
- in the article about daylight, they write about product types like blinds, louvre blinds, foils etc. the article is also showing some icons, i already tried a lot but i'm not able to find those icons in Evo 9.0
- also the icon "material for roofwindow" i can not find.

I hope you can give me some helpful answers, thank you very much!

T.Magenheimer

Re: skylight composition

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:59 am

Dear JS3007,

At the moment I don't think there is any manufacturer from whom you can use foils in our DIALux evo software.
If you want to simulate a foil that directs the light, i.e. changes the "passage direction" of a light beam, you cannot approximate this with the material properties in our DIALux evo software.

If you want the glass layers and the foil to reduce the light entering the interior, then you can adjust the glass material as you want (transmittance + color).
I don't know the LTA value but I suspect it is a value that corresponds to our transmittance. That's a bit of a guess...

If possible, simply use a normal roof window and make a choice of materials for the glass layer:

SC1.JPG
SC1.JPG (94.07 KiB) Viewed 662 times

Or you can create a transparent material with the desired color in the material tool and drag it onto the glass pane:

SC2.JPG
SC2.JPG (75.78 KiB) Viewed 662 times

I would not use textures at this point. The texture is not considered in the calculation anyway (only the middle color of the texture).

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team

Eugenezig

skylight composition

Post by Eugenezig » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:20 pm

Hi guys,

I am new user of Dialux evo. The skylight available in the library only has a rectangular shape. Is it possible to draw a polygon skylight? Has anyone that could help me, please?

Thank you in advance.

Csuleiman

Re: skylight composition

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:58 am

Hello Eugenezig,

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to draw polygonal skylight shapes. But we have already included this point in our improvement list for future implementation in evo.
By the way, we would like to point out that if you create a new post, please open a new thread in the forum.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team