Making a calculation on a pathway in accordance to E2

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Kalau

Making a calculation on a pathway in accordance to E2

Post by Kalau » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:10 am

Hello,

I'm quite new to Dialux, so I hope that you can help me.
I already looked through the forum, but I couldn't find it.

I'm making a hemispheric calculation on a pathway in accordance to E2 >2,5 lux.

I have made the pathway, inImageserted the lamps and made the calculation surface, and I'm getting the results.

My question is: Where do I place the calculation surface? I'm making the calculation with three lamps. I'm not sure, where the calculation surface should start and end.
Of course I get the best result, if I start and end close to the lamps.
But I'm guessing that there's some european standard I have to I have to use for this?
In the picture there's 15 meters between the lamps, but where do I start and end, the calculation surface.

I hope that you can help me :)

T.Magenheimer

Re: Making a calculation on a pathway in accordance to E2

Post by T.Magenheimer » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:49 am

Dear Kalau,

Not sure if you are already working with the street planning in our evo software. The following screenshots show you how to start the road planning and that a normalized measurement grid is automatically generated there.

SC1.JPG
SC1.JPG (85.27 KiB) Viewed 1238 times
SC2.JPG
SC2.JPG (150.26 KiB) Viewed 1238 times

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team

Kalau

Post by Kalau » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:52 am

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

Normally I use the outdoor planning, and haven't yet worked with street lighting.

Normally I only have to use parklamps and bollard for my calculations, where the requirement is only 2,5 lx. Fx. walkways and parkinglots.

And I'm getting totally different results in the street lighting option? And I can't seem to figure out, which way the lamp is pointing.

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:53 pm

Hi Kalau,

Have you already carried out your project with the street planning in in evo and are now surprised why there are differences in the calculation results between the street planning and your outdoor project?

If you have not yet performed it with the street planning, we recommend you to do so, because then the calculation will be performed in accordance with the standards in any case.

To help you, you can take a look at the following YouTube tutorial about how to make a street planning in our evo software:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGrcmt4 ... z&index=10

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team