Numbers Typing Backwards

bmcdkcmo

Numbers Typing Backwards

Post by bmcdkcmo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi, I've seen a few posts on here from over the years, but I wanted to see if there was a solution yet. When I try to enter numbers into various fields in Dialux 4, they end up backwards. Essentially, after I type one number, the cursor jumps to the front of the text box. This only happens on numbers, not when I'm typing room names. For example, if I tried to change the ceiling height to 15, it would be 51. To make things even more strange, after I type a period, the cursor remains where it should be. Meaning, if I was trying to type 14.325, it would come out "4.3251.000".

Many users (more than 10) at my company have reported the same issue. I have Windows 10 and Dialux 4.13.0.1.

I saw a post about disabling the touch screen as a possible solution, but my laptop does not have a touch screen and I don't have the driver that was mentioned.

Csuleiman

Re: Numbers Typing Backwards

Post by Csuleiman » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:00 am

Hi bmcdkcmo,

Unfortunately there is no newer information about this problem. At this point, we can only recommend that you correct the values in the room editor afterwards with the mouse cursor.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

bmcdkcmo

Post by bmcdkcmo » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Its very frustrating as it happens very very frequently. I believe it only happens in the fields with a decimal point. Not sure if that helps. Are you currently working on a solution or just leaving the issue unresolved? Are you still unable to replicate the issue?

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:36 am

Hi bmcdkcmo,

Yes, you're right. The behavior only occurs with decimal numbers.
Our strategy for the future is that DIALux evo is the successor of DIALux 4.13 and we will develop DIALux evo only in the future. But we will continue to support our DIALux 4.13 software until all features of DIALux 4 are added to evo.
In our software DIALux 4.13 we will not implement any new features or standards. We will only react to errors and requirements with regard to new operating systems. We regret that we cannot offer you a solution to the problem at this point.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team