Issue with simulation

Desmond

Issue with simulation

Post by Desmond » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:00 am

Hi guys, i have an issue with my simulation for a facade fin illumination. i have a facade lighting project that i am working on, there are horizontal fins that i am trying to light up using pixel lights. they are lined up on top of each fin shinning upwards to light up the fin above. When i do it on a single fin, you can see the light distribution as below:

When i proceed to do up all the finds, the light distribution is not as uniform when I compare it to the single fin version:

It looks like there are some dark spots at 2 locations on the facade, but i do not have any extra objects drawn on this model.

I have uploaded the working file at the following location for download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g56azttdvfgo ... 9.dlx?dl=0

Is there a bug with Dialux program that is causing this issue?

Csuleiman

Re: Issue with simulation

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:46 am

Dear Desmond,

Unfortunately you detected a problem in the indirect calculation of DIALux 4. The direct calculation in this area is correct, but the indirect calculation result is too low.

We would recommend you to set the calculation settings to "very accurate" as you can see in the screenshot below. Then the results will be much more realistic.

Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (177.64 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Desmond

Post by Desmond » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:48 am

Hi Csuleiman,

Thank you for your quick reply, if i were to remove all the wall objects from the simulation, i get the same shadow effect underneath the fins:

is it safe for me to assume all the fins should light up as per the single fin simulation and not as per the multiple fin version?

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:51 am

Dear Desmond,

Yes, your assumption is correct.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team