DIALux 4.13 crash while rendering

Marzena Kiernozek

DIALux 4.13 crash while rendering

Post by Marzena Kiernozek » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:54 pm

I am an architecture student. I have to make a project of building's lightning for my studies. I have made a 3D model of my building with 3ds Max. Unfortunately, when I import_ it to Dialux it works extermely slow and crashes, whenever I try to render it with at least one lamp. What might be a problem with it? I have quite strong computer, 2.5 GHz Core, 16 GB RAM.
I have just sent you my project.

What may I do?

Csuleiman

Re: DIALux 4.13 crash while rendering

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:31 am

Dear Marzena Kiernozek,

Performance and calculation problems often occur of the complexity of the used 3D objects in a project file. In your case the 3DS object seems to be too complex for the handling in DIALux 4.13.

If a 3DS object consists of too many surfaces then some serious performance problems could occur in DIALux. Every surface of a 3D model has to be calculated separately and if the sum of the 3D models (and the surfaces) are too complex for the calculation or the handling of DIALux, it could give a lack of main memory during the calculation or performance problems in DIALux. This is the reason why maybe the calculation interrupts or takes some hours or the file gets corrupt when saving.

We would recommend every user to search for alternative 3DS objects with less surfaces. The key is to find a good compromise between a realistic visualization and moderate quantity of surfaces.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team