Dialux 4.13 unable to load dwg.

peter80

Dialux 4.13 unable to load dwg.

Post by peter80 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:41 am

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct place and I hope I can get some help for it.

I installed Dialux 4.13 on one my users' workstation and everytime she try to use the load DWG or DXF file function, the screen will just freeze there and then there will be a "No responding message" for very long and the only thing she can do is to force shutdown the program. Are there any known issues regarding the loading of DWG and if yes, how can we resolve it?

Steps to replicate the issues.

1) Open Dialux 4.13
2) Open "new exterior project"
3) On the "guide" interface which is on the right, click on the "Load DWG or DXF File"
4) A popout prompt will come up.
5) Browse to the location and select the "DWG" to load inside.
6) Once we click open, the popup will then freeze and not load anything.

I have tried a few things to troubleshoot this but as of now, i wasn't able to successfully load the DWG file. Below are some of the things I have tried so far.

1) Reinstalling Dialux 4.13 on the workstation which is running on Wins 10 OS.
2) Downgrading the DWG to autocad 2010 version.
3) Installing Dialux 4.13.02 on other workstations that are running on different OS such as Windows 7 and Windows Server 2016
4) Copying out the files and putting the files on local desktop and loading the file from local instead from the shared folders.
5) Running Dialux as administrator.
6) updating the graphic card drivers to the latest.
7) Ensuring there is no "dell recovery software" on the workstation.

Hence after trying all these, I am still unable to resolve this though at least I can confirm that this isn't a workstation specific issue or OS specific issue since I tried it on various OS and workstations.

I will appreciate if someone can assist me with the problem and show me how to resolve this.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Peter
Last edited by peter80 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Csuleiman

Re: Dialux 4.13 unable to load dwg.

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:25 am

Dear Peter,

Maybe there is a file in your documents folder that crashes a DIALux file called "ShellExtension.dll". So, we would like to recommend you to clear out the documents folder and try to import a DWG file once again.

In case the problem still exists, please be so kind to send us one of the problematic DWG files for further analysis. Our email address is support@dial.de. It would be of help if you could also send us the link to this topic, so that we could better assign this issue.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:10 am

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for sending us your DWG file. We are able to reproduce the crash in DIALux during the import process when using the original DWG drawing. So, we decided to open the DWG in DraftSight (DWG viewer from Autodesk). We resolved the DWG file in DraftSight with the command "Explode" and saved it in 2010 format. Then it was possible to import the DWG into DIALux.
We have sent you the modified DWG file via email. Please check whether you are able to import the new DWG into DIALux 4.13.0.2.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

peter80

Post by peter80 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:25 am

Csuleiman wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:10 am
Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for sending us your DWG file. We are able to reproduce the crash in DIALux during the import process when using the original DWG drawing. So, we decided to open the DWG in DraftSight (DWG viewer from Autodesk). We resolved the DWG file in DraftSight with the command "Explode" and saved it in 2010 format. Then it was possible to import the DWG into DIALux.
We have sent you the modified DWG file via email. Please check whether you are able to import the new DWG into DIALux 4.13.0.2.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team
Dear Csuleiman,

Thanks for the prompt response. I tried using the above method ( open with Draftsight, using the explode command and then saving the file in 2010 format) and it did manage to resolve the issue ont the file which I sent you. i will get the user to try other files and to see if there are any other further issues with it or not.

Would you be able to share and elaborate further on what is exactly causing the issue though? Because while this is a workaround, I am sure my users would like to know the cause of it and to see if we can do anything to the dwg file so that they do not need to use this workaround for every dwg file that might be having the same issues.

Regardless of whether you are able to elaborate further or not on the cause of the crash, please accept my sincere thanks and I appreciate the prompt response and assistance for this matter very much. :)

Best regards,
Peter See

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:13 am

Dear peter80,

Please read the following article in our DIALux evo knowledge base:

http://evo.support-en.dial.de/support/s ... -can-i-do-

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:41 pm

Dear peter80,

Please try to search after the file "msoshext.dll".

We got feedback from one of our users that this file was located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16" on the users computer system.

After disabling this .dll file, our DIALux 4 software works again.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team