Dialux 4.13 'Can't read dwg file'

s.pervez3

Dialux 4.13 'Can't read dwg file'

Post by s.pervez3 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:48 am

hey all I'm struggling to open some dwg files I need to access and I am given the error message 'cant read dwg file'.

I have a feeling this is because it was created on a newer version of autocad that is not compatible with this version of dialux.

however, I do not have access to any versions of autocad at the moment, just the dwg and dialux.

is there anything I could do in this difficult situation to be able to open the dwg?? such as e-mailing someone here the file which they can export into an older version of autocad for me?

Thanks!

Csuleiman

Re: Dialux 4.13 'Can't read dwg file'

Post by Csuleiman » Fri May 10, 2019 9:54 am

Hi s.pervez3,

DWG files created in a new AutoCAD format (newer than 2010) could not be interpreted by DIALux.
When you encounter such problems during the import of DWG files, please save the problematic DWG files simply in an older AutoCAD format (AutoCAD 2010). Alternatively, instead of AutoCAD, you can download a free CAD viewer such as DraftSight (from Autodesk), which allows you to save DWGs in older formats.
If you still have problems, you can send us your problematic DWG files for analysis to our email address support@dial.de

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team