Rooms open to ceiling across multiple floors

How to construct ...
Kottelini

Rooms open to ceiling across multiple floors

Post by Kottelini » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:12 pm

Hello.
I am pretty new to Dialux evo but have been working i Dialux 4 for a couple of years.
I am wondering how to create a room that is open to the ridge in the cieling across multiple floors. See attached picture.

As you can see on the B-section there is two floors there, but on the A-section there is one big room that is open all the way from the floor to the cieling ridge. The C-section shows this as well.
How do I create that one room on the first floor with this higher height?

I've tried everything I can think of but I'm not pleased with any of the solutions I have come up with so far.

The first solution is to simply make two floors and then make a "Cutout" on the floor on the second level. The problem is that in the 3D-view only one floor is visible at a time and on the documentation the results show that the clearance height of the room is the same as the rest of the first floor.
On the right side of this picture is a screenshot of the first floor looking up to the second floor. As you see it is open up but the part that is on the second floor is invisible. The left side of this picture is from the second floor looking down with the same result.

The second solution is to make the first floor as high as the buildning and then insert a lower cieling to all the rooms on the first floor except that one. The problem is when I add the second floor it is higher up than the big room.
This picture shows how it ends up when I use this solution. As you can see the first floor (red) has one big room and the rest is lower, and the second floor (blue) ends up above the highest point of the first floor, even though it should be just above the part of first floor that is under it.

I am very sorry if I describe my problem poorly, but I hope you understand and want to give me some help.
Thank you and have a nice day.
/Adam

myLite_kevin

Re: Rooms open to ceiling across multiple floors

Post by myLite_kevin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:35 pm

As far as I know the only decent way to model this is to use the first option you described. To change the height of the room in the documentation, just use the "Assesment Zones" tool, select the high room in the lowest level and then you can change the height of the room manually. Now everything (objects and luminaires) which you insert in this "box" will be added to your first floor room in the documentation, regardless of the height (aslong as it's lower then the height of the room offcourse).
Last step is to find the "second story" part of your high room in the documentation and uncheck it as you don't need this anymore (all the relevant info will be in the first floor output)

If you want to view the whole building, either use the Building or the Terrain level tab.

More control over the height of the walls and floor level would be a nice addition in future Evo versions