skylight

How to construct ...
Agnese

skylight

Post by Agnese » Fri May 26, 2017 11:31 am

Hi everyone!
I'm using Dialux for the first time and I have to finish some analysis about an art showroom. I've almost finished the costruction of the room, but I have a problem: in this room there's no natural light but a skylight in the center of the roof and I don't know how to create it. In fact, I tried to use the tool 'drawing object' with the window pattern, but it is not considered as a window by the program. I also tried to use the tool 'cut surface' on the false ceiling, but I just can't make it. In every method, Dialux doesn't consider the skylight as a souce of natural light, so I can't make analysis using only that one, as I need. Can anyone help me? :D

Csuleiman

Re: skylight

Post by Csuleiman » Fri May 26, 2017 11:42 am

Dear Agnese,

You just have to insert a roof window to get also the daylight results. Please see screenshot below.
Roof window.JPG
Roof window.JPG (48.22 KiB) Viewed 3800 times
Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Agnese

Post by Agnese » Sat May 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Thank you Csuleiman,
I tried to put the roof window as you said and in this way the program starts to calculate the analysis at least...but as it starts a calculation error occurs. Did I make a mistake?
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG (124.67 KiB) Viewed 3777 times

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Mon May 29, 2017 6:25 am

Dear Agnese,

The problem you described is already solved in our current evo version. Therefore we would like to recommend you to update your evo version to the new one which is evo7.0 patch 2. You can download the setup directly from our website under the following link:

DIALux evo 7 patch 2: https://www.dial.de/en/dialux/download/ ... -download/

Or you can download the setup by using the following link which leads you to our download server:

DIALux evo 7 patch 2: https://b2b.dial.de/index.php/s/4BsWe6ggpvhsVOW

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Agnese

Post by Agnese » Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Thank you so much!