Sportfield lighting calculations, old lights

RondJ

Sportfield lighting calculations, old lights

Post by RondJ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:40 am

Hello,

I've the next situation;
A soccer field has to add some new lights to upgrade the lux level, but the old lights will stay in place.
The old fixtures I can't find in the lighting catalogue, but I've measurements of the actual lighting, what the lux level on the field is.

Is there a possibility the give in the commen lux level of the actual lighting on to the calculation area and add some new lights to advice the new level of lux?

I'm using the latest version of Dialux 4.13.0.0

T.Magenheimer

Re: Sportfield lighting calculations, old lights

Post by T.Magenheimer » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Dear RondJ,

Can you please explain us your issue in more detail (e.g. with the help of some screenshots)?

Kind regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

RondJ

Post by RondJ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:39 am

Dear mister Magenheimer,

The situation is that I've to add new fixture to an existing lighting installation in a soccer stadium, to achive a higher lux level.
Normally I could add the existing light fixture into the calculation software, but these older fixtures aren't supported anymore by the manufacture.
So I can't get the IES or LTD-files.

The only thing I've is an measurement of the commen lux level onto the field.

my question is, if it's possible to fill in the measured deatials of the lux level into to field and then possition the new fixtures into the calculation and recalculate the new results?

F.Krewett

Post by F.Krewett » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi,

If you will modify the characteristic of the luminaire case (e.g. if it will have a new reflector) you will need a new photometric file. It is only possible to modify the flux value which will be considered for calculation but not the luminous intensity table in DIALux. You can also change a lmap which is used by a luminaire. Therefore we provide DIALux lamp PlugIns. The idea is the same. The flux value is changed and adjusted for the lumniare case using the LOR value.

"my question is, if it's possible to fill in the measured deatials of the lux level into to field and then possition the new fixtures into the calculation and recalculate the new results?"
If you will know the illuminance already you do not have to calculate it in DIALux ;) So it is not possible to entere user defind lux values.