User-Defined Calculation Grid

Sentinel

User-Defined Calculation Grid

Post by Sentinel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Hello

I can't seem to figure out how to make a polygonal/custom Calculation Grid? I assume it has to do with User-Defined Calculation Grid option, but how am I supposed to make that work? When right clicking and selecting "Edit Grid Points" I get a red lined 3D cube and can't to nothing further.

I want to make a calculation grid that is the same as the floor.

UDCG.png
UDCG.png (158.78 KiB) Viewed 814 times

Thank you.

Csuleiman

Re: User-Defined Calculation Grid

Post by Csuleiman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 am

Hello Sentinel,

If you want to work with a polygon area, you can place a calculation surface or a grid there. The grid points that are not required can simply be deleted with a right click. Please select "Convert for Editing" from the context menu.

Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg (44.02 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Then right-click a second time to open the context menu again. This activates the "Edit grid Points" menu.

Screenshot2.jpg
Screenshot2.jpg (58.54 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Now you can delete the points that are not in the polygonal room. Select one of the grid points and right-click to open the context menu. You can delete this point by selecting "Delete".

Screenshot3.jpg
Screenshot3.jpg (49.38 KiB) Viewed 807 times

By the way all the features are explained in the manual of DIALux 4. You can open the online help by clicking on "F1" on your keyboard. We recommend you to reproduce the workflow described by following the instructions (as there a lots of screenshots included it should not be so difficult to catch on the procedure).

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Sentinel

Re: User-Defined Calculation Grid

Post by Sentinel » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 am

Hello

Thank you for your reply. The suggested workflow works:

CG.png
CG.png (21.06 KiB) Viewed 804 times

Best regards.