Making Emergency fixture run on normal scenario

Bushair

Making Emergency fixture run on normal scenario

Post by Bushair » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:01 am

Hello,
I intend to use an Emergency Fixture called Protecta III Ex-rated Fluorescent fixture - PRGE/236/BI/EM to conduct lighting calculations for my indoor substation area.

I know that when this fixture functions on NORMAL mode (meaning supplied from plant mains power supply), the lumen output of this fixture is 6700 lm; the fixture emits light from using 2 x 36W tubes.
I know that when this fixture functions on EMERGENCY mode (meaning supplied from its integrated battery back-up), the lumen output of this fixture is 3350 lm; the fixture emits light from using 1 x 36W tube.

However, when I insert this fixture into my Dialux 4.13 software and run the calculation, the software assumes that this fixture is running on Emergency mode only and hence automatically reduces the lumen output from 6700 lm to 3350 lm thereby making it run on 1 x 36W tube. How can I make the software run this fixture on NORMAL mode thereby utilizing the complete the 6700 lumen from it and not 3350 lumen? Is there a way to turn OFF the EMERGENCY mode of a fixture after I insert it into the software?

Csuleiman

Re: Making Emergency fixture run on normal scenario

Post by Csuleiman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:24 am

Dear Bushair,

In the project manager of DIALux, you usually have the option of switching the luminaire both as an emergency luminaire and for normal lighting. All you have to do is activate the checkbox "In addition to normal use" (see screenshot). However, you are welcome to send us the DIALux project for analysis. It would be of help if you could send us also the link to this topic, so that we could better assign this issue. Our email address is support@dial.de.

Screenshot.JPG
Screenshot.JPG (48.1 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Bushair

Re: Making Emergency fixture run on normal scenario

Post by Bushair » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:37 am

Thank you