EVO 7.2?

feel free to add wishes and suggestions
Yuri Golod

EVO 7.2?

Post by Yuri Golod » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:29 am

Hi Guys,

Firstly let me say thanks for the amazing work you've been doing over the years. KEEP IT UP!

Here's my wish list. I think many will agree with the following:
1. Update the existing standard textures and allow modification of the colour, not just the brightness
2. Include opal/translucent texture!
3. Allow for a "sphere" as modified IES file import shape (helps when doing festoon lighting and naked light bulbs...)
4. Import of image files in addition to exporting of images. Helps to add concept sketches to the docs report/ printout. Currently need to process through PDF editor to add 3rd party images.
5. Ability to move storeys vertically. For example if there's a need to add an underground garage after modelling the building.... Currently I'd have to duplicate existing storey and the re-build the original one. Should be able to add new storeys below as well as rearrange the existing.
6. Allow drawing of roofs with more than 4 corners. Yes, I can draw two but it's time consuming and in some cases impossible.
7. Importing of SketchUP files would be amazing! It's some much easier to create a custom shape in SketchUp...

Thanks
Yuri

LuHü

Re: EVO 7.2?

Post by LuHü » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:59 am

Hey Yuri,

good points you mentioned!

To your listed point "4.":
4. Import of image files in addition to exporting of images.
You already can import pictures/ images to your project! See the attached screenshot (Sry, i use the german version ;) ):
-> "file"
-> "import"
-> "picture/ image"
Import Image.png
Import Image.png (42.28 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
After that you can add the imported picture in your documentary as any other saved project-view!

Regards!
Lukas
Lukas Hünting

www.tlv-licht.de

JWAL485

Post by JWAL485 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi
point 7 you can export to 3ds from sketchup then import into Evo. I also save these to a drive so I can access these from anywhere.

Great points especially the translucent textures. There is a bit of a workaround for this.
1. Get a coloured texture from the web.
2. apply this to a surface.
3. Change to transparent.

not perfect but does the job

Yuri Golod

Post by Yuri Golod » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:45 pm

Thanks for your responses guys,

I've been doing exactly that for many years now (started using EVO 2 when it just came out). Textures, objects... What I'm trying to get at is, if this was part of the software, we all could save a lot of time! :D

By importing images I meant also being able to adjust their size on the docs printout page. Currently you can only add images to the PDF printout but not move or resize on the page. Maybe even set as background

Imagine how much better would our presentations look like if these sorts of manipulations could available?

Cheers
Yuri
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (60.93 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (68.25 KiB) Viewed 1798 times

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:53 am

Dear Yuri Golod,

Thank you for your feedback! We will also add your wishes to our evo improvement list.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team