Blender, IES, ifcopenshell..

feel free to add wishes and suggestions
lalberts

Blender, IES, ifcopenshell..

Post by lalberts » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:27 am

Wish You first of all, a happy new Year.

Then I want to ask how fast your BIM Workflow improvements are?
The Open-Source world is not sleeping and will (I believe) surpass you.. Blender is importing ifc ! (blenderbim.org) and exporting.
Blender can render, can measure (that is still not easy).
Blender can design IES Lights..
What is missing are the ifc file collections of the luminaire producers.. and that is your job. Why can't we find anything else than rfa formats?
the uld files would be right if the EVO would be as powerfull as Blender in the exchange of ifc/BIM files.
The big troubles in BIM/ifc is the quality of those models.. depending on where they come from, one has to do a lot of adjustments..
May I ask Dial to join the Blender Community and transform your EVO software to a Blender Plug-In.
That would accelerate the development tremendously.
Blender and FreeCAD can inter-exchange, even on ifc basis, I believe.
Please takeover ReluxDesktop or the other way round.. concentrate your action on a convenient lightplaning tool (as plugin, since FreeCAD or Blender is faster in developing CAD/Rendering)

Wish You success.
And awaiting modern BIM workflow tools.

Lukas
Esslingen

T.Magenheimer

Re: Blender, IES, ifcopenshell..

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Dear Lukas,

Thank you very much for your important feedback regarding the IFC topic. We are happy to pass on this topic to our product owner. They will discuss your points and add your wishes to our evo improvement list as a new wish. This topic will then be estimated and prioritized according to the effort involved.

Best regards,
DIAL support team