EVO 9 Documentation

feel free to add wishes and suggestions
DAB LAD

EVO 9 Documentation

Post by DAB LAD » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:43 am

The new update documentation looks great but I feel the previous layouts for the documentation are better in some scenarios.

Specifically for big building projects, my previous documentation of 140pages in evo8.2 that is most comprised of just room summaries are spread out to 300pages in the new layouts.
My recommendation is to also have the previous layouts from evo 8.2 available to be selected especially for:
- Luminaire List
- Summary Page
- Luminaire layout plan

I like the new layouts but its very hard to make someone read thru hundreds and hundres of pages.

Bettina

Re: EVO 9 Documentation

Post by Bettina » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:41 am

I absolutely share this opinion, the documentation is getting a lot longer and thereby could get confusing, especially for people not working with Dialux documentations on a regular basis.

DAB LAD

Post by DAB LAD » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:05 am

Evo users have been requesting a lot of additional functionality to the documentation, including me.
DIAL came up with the new layouts and they all look great but now ends up generating a lot of pages which is a major concern especially for big projects(main use case for EVO).
I will still default to EVO for big projects, but reinstalled 8.2 for now as the new update generates too many pages.
(This is first time reverted to the older version and I have been using EVO since its beta)

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:32 am

Hello DAB LAD and Bettina,

We will forward your view on this topic directly to our product owner. They will discuss your issue intensively and add this point to our improvement list for future evo versions.
Thank you very much for your important feedback, which supports us in the development of the upcoming evo versions!

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team